Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

some fonts download, others will not download...how to get from apple?

pop-up continues to require missing fonts...some fonts download, other will not download...how to obtain the non-downloading fonts (Pages and Numbers) from Apple....pop-ups are annoying

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 7:09 PM

Greetings Winn_spring,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're receiving alerts to download needed fonts in Pages and Numbers, and some fonts won't download as expected.

The following support article shows how to download and validate fonts with Font Book: Install and validate fonts in Font Book on Mac - Apple Support

If further help is needed, it would be helpful to know the behavior you experience when attempting to download fonts, including any error message that is received.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 7:09 PM in response to Winn_spring

Greetings Winn_spring,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're receiving alerts to download needed fonts in Pages and Numbers, and some fonts won't download as expected.

The following support article shows how to download and validate fonts with Font Book: Install and validate fonts in Font Book on Mac - Apple Support

If further help is needed, it would be helpful to know the behavior you experience when attempting to download fonts, including any error message that is received.

Kind regards.

Dec 9, 2019 9:48 PM in response to chuck_3rd

thanks...further description: I can and have successfully downloaded several 'missing' fonts or font libraries. The issue is the remaining missing fonts or font families...after clicking on the download link. immediately a pop up for the download appears and then within 1 second disappears...and nothing is downloaded. No messages to indicate a failed download.

I have searched the computer for those files...no results

I just now tried a different route; I right clicked the "downloadable font asset' link and chose quick look attachment, selected open with font book; chose install....and it worked

A lot of running around for something that should have worked as easy as the others

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate the challenge to problem solve

some fonts download, others will not download...how to get from apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.