Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Secure Video issue. "Software update required"

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to setup Streaming & Recording options on my Logitech Circle 2 (which recently gained support for Homekit Secure Video) but as soon as expand the section to choose an option I get the following message:

Software update required

To set up recording, update your home hub to the latest software.

I'm using my iPad mini 2 as the home hub, and it's updated to the latest version of iOS for this model (12.4.3).

I understand for HSV to work you'd need iOS 13+ on your device but it wasn't my understanding nor could I find any pages stating that the Home Hub needs to be 13 and up. And if that's the case I'm basically out of luck using HSV with my current setup since AFAIK iOS 13 is not planned to be released for iPad mini 2.

Can someone confirm this please? Thank you!

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 2:54 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not compatible with your iPad mini. You will need an iPad running iPadOS 13.

Similar questions

1 reply

HomeKit Secure Video issue. "Software update required"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.