Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect 2 sets of airpods to ipad 13.2.3

I have a new iPad 7th generation running Software 13.2.3. I want to pair two new sets of AirPods. I can pair each set, and both show up in my Bluetooth settings. I can select one or the other, but not both.

I read that system 13.2 has that capability. Can anyone show me how to get both to work so that we can both watch and hear the same video together? Thanks.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 6:43 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Eric!

I understand you want to share audio with two sets of AirPods, but you've been unable to. I'd be happy to provide information to help you accomplish this.

Make sure to follow the steps here: Share audio with your wireless headphones

"How to start sharing

1. With your AirPods close by, open the lid and connect your AirPods to your iOS device
  2. Tap the AirPlay icon  in Control Center or the Lock screen or in the app you're listening to.
  3. Tap Share Audio.
  4. If your friend has AirPods, hold them close to your device with the AirPods inside the case and open the lid. For other headphones, put them in pairing mode and hold them close to your device.
  5. When you see your friend's headphones appear on your screen, tap Share Audio."

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 6:43 AM in response to Eric-Bookdisplays__

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Eric!

I understand you want to share audio with two sets of AirPods, but you've been unable to. I'd be happy to provide information to help you accomplish this.

Make sure to follow the steps here: Share audio with your wireless headphones

"How to start sharing

1. With your AirPods close by, open the lid and connect your AirPods to your iOS device
  2. Tap the AirPlay icon  in Control Center or the Lock screen or in the app you're listening to.
  3. Tap Share Audio.
  4. If your friend has AirPods, hold them close to your device with the AirPods inside the case and open the lid. For other headphones, put them in pairing mode and hold them close to your device.
  5. When you see your friend's headphones appear on your screen, tap Share Audio."

Have a great day!

Dec 12, 2019 7:37 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks Joseph. I found that the two AirPods that I had purchased had different firmware. I updated the firmware on one of the AirPods, and not they connect as you indicated above. To update the firmware, you need to connect the AirPods by opening the case, leave the AirPods in the case and plug them to power and charge for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, I disconnected the power, disconnected the AirPods, and re-connected them to the iPad. Then the second set "shared" properly.

I was kinda disappointed that the Apple Store sold me two pairs of AirPods that had different firmware. You'd think that you're getting the most current stuff at the Apple Store instead of at a 3rd party reseller.

Really appreciate your help.

Eric

connect 2 sets of airpods to ipad 13.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.