Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a new iPad (7th Generation) and want to set it up with my Apple ID husbands ID.

I just bought a new iPad (7th Generation) 128GB and want to set it up with my Apple ID then pass my old iPad Air to my husbands Apple ID. What’s the best way?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 8:21 AM

First, you want to transfer the contents of your old device to the new one. Pick one of these methods.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After you have set up the new iPad, erase the old one so that your husband can set it up with his Apple ID and backup, if he has a backup. If he is setting up as new, all he will need to do is to sign into his ID.

Follow these instructions to erase the device.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 8:21 AM in response to Cookie_52

First, you want to transfer the contents of your old device to the new one. Pick one of these methods.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After you have set up the new iPad, erase the old one so that your husband can set it up with his Apple ID and backup, if he has a backup. If he is setting up as new, all he will need to do is to sign into his ID.

Follow these instructions to erase the device.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I just bought a new iPad (7th Generation) and want to set it up with my Apple ID husbands ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.