Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messaging quick response

How can I turn off the quick response when you long press on a text message you received? I will just have my thumb on a text message for a little bit deciding what way to scroll and a quick response with choices of “thanks, thank you, ok and custom” pop up and constantly send unintended responses to people that have a text message with.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 5:14 PM

You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

And, in the meanwhile, you'll need to retrain yourself not to leave your finger resting on the screen.

3 replies

Dec 9, 2019 3:05 PM in response to ProustGiulio

Thank you for your response. I probably didn’t make myself clear enough. In the messages app when I am looking at all of the different text messages and I leave my thumb on the screen for a couple of seconds, a quick response box pops up to the message I happen to have my thumb on. There are always four choices to send as a quick response, the quick response messages very from the thanks, thank you I posted earlier to if the person ended the text sent to me with thank you, the quick response choices are, “your welcome, no problem, NP custom”. If you chose custom it just opens the text message to type a reply. The problem is when I am scrolling through my text message and pause for just a few seconds the quick response box pops up and sends the first choice of words. It can be a text message from months ago and it sends Thank you, it is just an idiotic feature that I can’t seem to turn off even with your suggestion. I hope someone can help with this problem.

messaging quick response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.