Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone is using my Apple ID

I’m getting emails that someone is using my Apple ID and purchasing items. How do I report it? And cancel that transaction

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 11:16 AM

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a real charge, the following has instructions and includes information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help: If you see apple.com/bill, itunes.com/bill, or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 11:16 AM in response to Summermansour87

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a real charge, the following has instructions and includes information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help: If you see apple.com/bill, itunes.com/bill, or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

Dec 9, 2019 11:29 AM in response to Summermansour87

Sorry. If you did that to a phishing site then you should change your Apple ID password immediately and also contact customer support for your credit card and let them know.

See: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you can't change it because they got there first, see: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Dec 9, 2019 12:18 PM in response to Summermansour87

Apple will never ask for your social. It would be pointless for them to even do so, since they have no means of even knowing if it is legitimately your social. So they could do nothing with it.

A scammer can of course use it towards identity theft. So I would put a freeze and a fraud alert on your credit records if you’ve given it out to some scammer. See - https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0279-extended-fraud-alerts-and-credit-freezes

Someone is using my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.