Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam e-mail from Apple

Hello,

I have recently received an e-mail from “Apple” where they were saying someone purchased something from my apple account and there was an attachment. I haven’t thought twice and I opened it. I was on my phone when I did that. After a few searches on google, now I have all the reasons to believe that was a spam e-mail, and that attachment was a virus. Now I need to ask if whoever sent that to me can broke the access to my informations through my phone, or if is there something I should change/do etc? I have read that apple devices have a strong security and it’s not that easy to take viruses, but I don’t really know anything for sure.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 2:57 AM

Unless you have previously jailbroken your phone, opening an email will not be a problem. Such scam emails rely on the recipient providing their personal and financial information to a bogus web site. If you have not done that, you are fine.

Similar questions

3 replies

Spam e-mail from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.