Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil Pairing Issues

So, I just received an iPad (6th Gen) and a 1st Gen Apple Pencil for my birthday and I am having an issue with pairing my Apple Pencil to my iPad. First, when I plug in the Pencil, it asks if I want to Pair and I say yes. Then, it shows as connected then not even a second later, it goes to Not Connected. I tried all the steps suggested by Apple Support with no success. I also tried checking the firmware of the Pencil and when I go to the About section, I see the Apple Pencil appearing and disappearing like the iPad is recognizing it but not really recognizing it. I am planning to go to the Apple Store to see what can be done without having to purchase another Pencil but I wanted to see if there was a fix to this so that I don't have to go into the store.

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:05 AM

You won't have to purchase another Apple Pencil at the store, the store should just give a free replacement under warranty.

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Pencil Pairing Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.