Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro will not startup or let me login

My macbook pro will not startup or let me login. It goes to an update needed screen and then “loads” the amount seen in the photo and then goes to a completely white screen and restarts. I have tried booting it up in safemode as well and it does not work. Please help :(

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 6:43 AM

Well, I've never come across that specific screen that I can recall. Try starting up in recovery mode. Try Command R first for the Recovery Partition and if that doesn't work try Command Option R for Internet Recovery. Once in recovery run Disk Utility and then select the Macintosh HD in the left window pane and then select Disk First Aid to check the drive. If everything checks out download and install the operating system.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 6:43 AM in response to Morgbora

Well, I've never come across that specific screen that I can recall. Try starting up in recovery mode. Try Command R first for the Recovery Partition and if that doesn't work try Command Option R for Internet Recovery. Once in recovery run Disk Utility and then select the Macintosh HD in the left window pane and then select Disk First Aid to check the drive. If everything checks out download and install the operating system.

MacBook Pro will not startup or let me login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.