Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Desktop and Snow Leopard Server

What is the best way to use Remote Desktop with Snow Leopard Server?

I purchased a mac mini with snow leopard server and Remote desktop so I can easily manage my 11 computers, install and upgrade software etc. etc.

The mac mini server will basically be nothing but a server.

I will use as my main computer a mac pro. Do I need to install Remote Desktop on the server and on my mac pro? What is the best way to deploy the services of Remote desktop and mac os x server?

iMac intel, Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 10:29 PM

You install Apple Remote Desktop on the machine you want to control from. In this case, install on your Mac Pro. All you have to do on the clients (controlled Macs) is enable remote management in the System Preferences under Sharing. Just make sure that all your controlled Macs are up to date on their ARD version (v3.3.2) which can be taken care of from Software Update.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2010 10:29 PM in response to Daniel Peck

You install Apple Remote Desktop on the machine you want to control from. In this case, install on your Mac Pro. All you have to do on the clients (controlled Macs) is enable remote management in the System Preferences under Sharing. Just make sure that all your controlled Macs are up to date on their ARD version (v3.3.2) which can be taken care of from Software Update.

Remote Desktop and Snow Leopard Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.