Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV plus downloaded files are huge

When I download The Morning Show from Apple TV plus to my iPad, the file sizes are huge compared to other streaming services. In the Amazon Prime Video app I can specify what quality I want to download. Is there a way to do the same thing with Apple TV plus?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 3:16 PM

3 replies

Dec 14, 2019 6:21 AM in response to wacz016

Hello wacz016,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're interested in knowing if there is a way to specify what quality the Apple TV+ show you download is in.

You can change some settings in the Apple TV app by going to Settings > TV > iTunes Videos > You can turn off Download HDR Videos as well as you can change the option for playback quality and purchases and rentals. You can read more about it under, "Change the Apple TV app settings," in this article: Watch shows and movies in the Apple TV app on iPhone.

All the best!

Jan 4, 2020 4:16 AM in response to rose_10

Thanks for your reply Sarah.

My fifth generation iPad doesn't support HDR, so I don't have that option. Also I would guess that the settings found under iTunes Videos don't affect Apple TV+, as iTunes and TV are two different apps and services. I did change the settings as you suggested, but the downloaded files are still enormous compared to other similar services. Is there somewhere I can make this a suggestion for Apple to fix in the next update of iOS?

Apple TV plus downloaded files are huge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.