Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone not ringing?

Somehow I must have shut something off but I don't know what!~!!

How can I restore iPhone to do audible ring for incoming calls?

duh . . .

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 3:26 PM

There are a number of reasons your phone might not be ringing. You might have the mute switch engaged. It's the little slider over the volume buttons. You might have the volume turned down. Check in Settings>Sounds & Haptics. Or, you might have Do Not Disturb enabled. Check Settings>Do Not Disturb.

9 replies

Dec 12, 2019 6:51 AM in response to pwwwayne

Have you made sure that you have an audible ringtone selected?

This is a kind of weird one but worth trying.

Go to Settings>Accessibility>Touch and turn on Assistive Touch. Then, go to Customize Top Level Menu. If Mute is not already one of the icons, add it. Exit that screen. Press and hold the Assistive touch button that appears on your screen. Tap Mute, then unmute.

You can turn off Assistive Touch when you're done.

Dec 13, 2019 7:34 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I followed you through the adding the Assistive Touch button and the Mute icon added. When I press the Assistive Touch Button, I got the Mute/unmute, did that.

I cannot tell if anything happened, I am unable to repeat the Mute/unmute step and the Assistive Touch button doesn't go away.

Could you repeat with "baby steps" the procedure again, please?

I am all screwed up now! Silent Mode on or Ringer on -- icon doesn't match label.

With Assistive Touch button on home screen,

--> Shows mute icon muted; unmute icon says "Silent Mode On;

I touch unmuted icon (converting icon the slashed thru --> and iPhone says "Ringer"

huh?

Why is my iPhone not ringing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.