Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage

My MacBook Air got a little bit wet today and it’s not turning on now. I don’t know if I should wait a little to see if it turns back on or is it permanently damaged?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:47 PM

It's not a good thing, but you might just wait for it to air out and see if it restarts. I have some experience with waterlogged electronics (a digital camera) that seemed to work after a few days drying out. In fact it did that a few times, but it finally gave out in a couple more years. The main problem is that if there's any corrosion, it's probably going to get worse with time, although it might take a while.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 7:47 PM in response to Pzarzh

It's not a good thing, but you might just wait for it to air out and see if it restarts. I have some experience with waterlogged electronics (a digital camera) that seemed to work after a few days drying out. In fact it did that a few times, but it finally gave out in a couple more years. The main problem is that if there's any corrosion, it's probably going to get worse with time, although it might take a while.

Water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.