Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I removed my Apple ID a while back from my iPad mini bc I was my co workers were using it and I didn’t want it linked to my Apple ID. I took it back home and I’m trying to get back on but it’s coming up with activation lock and I have no idea what iCloud email I made up for the iPad when I removed mine. I can’t recover the email so I can’t change password and my iPad doesn’t come up under find my iPhone devices list anymore. What do I do to get back in?

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:45 PM

if you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 7:45 PM in response to Kevincochs

if you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.