Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Is Syncing - How to disable it?

Hello, i use an Apple Watch 4 and its paired with an iphone SE with ios 13.2.3.

I use my apple watch the last 2 weeks and when i switch on the watch, it start syncing with iphone and take too long. The message on apple watch app on iphone is ''Apple Watch Is Syncing'' . I prefer not to sync always, can i disable it ?

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 1:43 AM

12 replies

Feb 6, 2020 10:24 AM in response to skafetzakis

For about three months now, my Apple watch (Series 3) and iphone 7 (iOS 13.3.1) go into sync mode almost daily and at random times of day (9am, midnight etc). The process starts and stops over and over again even if the watch and phone are next to each other. I always have to restart both and only then does the sync continue. This never used to happen during the (almost) three years I've had Apple watches and is most annoying. When the effort to sync begins, my phone is unusable -- I'm bounced out of every app I try to use. I've gone through unpairing and re-pairing a dozen times and once even returned to factory settings (with Apple Support's help) but nothing seems to work. I desperately need this to stop and would love to disable the sync function.

Dec 22, 2019 3:14 AM in response to Connor Hawke

We have in my family 4 Watches: 2 Series 2, 1 Series 4 and 1 Series 5.

It is not happening to all our Watches and as well as many millions other.

FWIW, we never turn it OFF. We put them on charge when we go to sleep.

You should make a genius bar appointment with Apple for an evaluation.

They have diagnostic tools and can tell you what options you have.

Feb 7, 2020 8:06 AM in response to Lizm2020

Having the same trouble with a family members devices. Apple watch Series 3 and iphone 7 syncing daily at random times where both phone and watch are unusable. Very frustrating. Have tried resetting both. Also another issue.... It is constantly asking her to enter her apple ID password on the watch at random times too. Apple PLEASE fix all of these issues!

Apple Watch Is Syncing - How to disable it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.