Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid SIM

On my phone, after resetting to the factory settings, the phone will activate. Writes that Invalid SIM. Before that, the phone worked fine. The troubleshooting methods listed on apple.com did not help. What is the problem? How do I solve this problem? Thanks for the help indicated.

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 4:37 AM

Invalid SIM = If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

SIM not supported = If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue still persists, it could be a hardware failure. Ask your carrier for a new spare SIM card or have that device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2019 4:37 AM in response to dimonzt1

Invalid SIM = If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

SIM not supported = If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue still persists, it could be a hardware failure. Ask your carrier for a new spare SIM card or have that device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Dec 13, 2019 4:36 AM in response to ProustGiulio

All of the above did not help me.

At the local service center, they told me that my phone was on the black list, as it was purchased in the United States and brought to Ukraine.

Here are the details of my phone:

Serial Number: FFMVG4YPHG6W

IMEI: 359459081479318

Please see if this is true. And is it possible to somehow unlock it in order to use the phone in my country?

Invalid SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.