Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupted audio of Audacity 2.3.2 and Adobe Premiere 2020 after installing Mojave Security Update 2019-02

Hi out there,

has anybody problems like me ?

I'm running a MACBook Pro Mid 2015 with OS 10.14.6

Two days ago I cut and processed some WAV-file from Zoom H1N recording with Audacity 2.3.2 and the mp3-file was a fantastic product !

After that I installed the last Security Update for OS Mojave and ...

the saved mp3 file can only be played with iTunes to get the good sound !

Trying to play the file with Audacity 2.3.2 and Adobe Premiere 2020 results in a sound impossible to listen to : cracling, ringing, going loud and soft like a wah-wah effect (similar an old anti copy protection that I remember)

Same time the possibility to use my BT headphone with Audacity is a try and error :

Some times it connects, some times it is shown to connect but does not play or Audacity stops working !

I had this effect some 2 years ago with former OS and Audacity version.

So I believe that the Security Update contains a bug !

Has anybody noticed the same effects ?

Apple Support what is your idea how to overcome the problem ?

Thanks a lot for reading this

Regards

Wolfgang

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 10:11 AM

Installing the latest version of Audacity should help. Team Audacity is always slow to catch up to Apple and I suspect Audacity 2.3.2 is not totally compatible with Mojave 10.14.6

https://www.audacityteam.org

Similar questions

1 reply

Corrupted audio of Audacity 2.3.2 and Adobe Premiere 2020 after installing Mojave Security Update 2019-02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.