Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

16" MBP - Catalina - External Hard Drive not mounting

I have one of the new 16" MacBook Pros running Catalina. But can no longer connect an external hard drive. Anyone else having issues with this? Went to the genius bar, and they reported it. But my old 15" MacBook Pro running Catalina still works. But still trough USB. Apple, can you please work on an update that fixes this?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 10:03 AM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2019 12:56 PM in response to Catalina_External_Hard_Drive

Your problem was reported, so you said. Why are you also reporting it here?

Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question. We are here to help. We are all users. We are not mind-readers nor clairvoyants. We only know what you write down and tell us. Be specific and thorough. Include your hardware information and installed version of macOS.

FYI: These are user-only forums. You are not speaking to Apple. if you need to speak with Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Dec 11, 2019 1:35 PM in response to Catalina_External_Hard_Drive

Firstly, that is not what you asked. Secondly, polling is not permitted by the forum moderators. Thirdly, we are not connected to Apple. The only thing you might get by squeaking here is a piece of cheese. Fourth, there are no priorities granted to your questions here. There is not even a guarantee that your question will be answered.

If you heard this from a Genius, then he is way dumber than he looks. So, I will reiterate. Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question. We are here to help. We are all users. We are not mind-readers nor clairvoyants. We only know what you write down and tell us. Be specific and thorough. Include your hardware information and installed version of macOS.

Then I recommend you learn the requirements to participate here. Read the Apple Support Communities Use Agreement - Apple Community.

FYI: These are user-only forums. You are not speaking to Apple. if you need to speak with Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

16" MBP - Catalina - External Hard Drive not mounting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.