Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11 beeps when I receive a text message when phone is on silent mode with the orange showing

Why does my iPhone 11 still beep/chime when I receive a text message in silent mode with the orange showing? I want it to be silent. Isn’t that the whole point of silent mode?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 4:33 PM

I asked for the support line to call me back today but they emailed me about 8 different times that my line was busy when they called. Very frustrating. So I just started a chat. The person showed me how an emergency bypass was set up through the health app. On my old iPhone, my emergency contact couldn’t bypass silent mode but apparently on the new phone, silent mode can be emergency bypassed. Issue is resolved.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 4:33 PM in response to Vgunn01

I asked for the support line to call me back today but they emailed me about 8 different times that my line was busy when they called. Very frustrating. So I just started a chat. The person showed me how an emergency bypass was set up through the health app. On my old iPhone, my emergency contact couldn’t bypass silent mode but apparently on the new phone, silent mode can be emergency bypassed. Issue is resolved.

Dec 11, 2019 5:14 PM in response to Vgunn01

There are several ways. The easiest is to install the Apple Support app from the App Store; it has an option to make an appointment.

You can also use the Contact Support link at the top of this page; they will try to fix your problem over the phone (they will call you) or by chat, and they can make an appointment for you if they can’t solve it.

And finally there is this way—>Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Dec 18, 2019 10:34 AM in response to Vgunn01

As recommended, I downloaded the Apple support app for my issue to be resolved. It was a useless conversation. She told me to ensure that my new phone that is less than a month old has the latest software. I went from 13.1.3 to 13.3 and I still have the same issues. Where can I talk to somebody that has advanced knowledge of IPhones. I am starting to get frustrated.

My iPhone 11 beeps when I receive a text message when phone is on silent mode with the orange showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.