Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS high sierra download error message in installer

Hi there,

I tried updating from Sierra to High Sierra. The link directed me to the App Store and when i open the installer, the following message popped out:

This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.

Is there any other way to download High Sierra? I cannot update my Mac without updating to High Sierra.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards,

Calvin

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 11:36 PM

High Sierra can only be downloaded via the App Store.

What do you see when you connect to the High Sierra page, do you see Download or Get,

or do you see Open. If you see Open then the App Store has detected that there is a copy

or partial copy of High Sierra on your Mac. Look in your Applications folder for Install macOS High Sierra.app

if it is a complete download it should be just over 5GBs. If it is a partial download then put it in the Trash and

empty the trash. Try again.

If you can connect your Mac to your router using a cabled connection rather than WiFi.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2019 11:36 PM in response to calvinleecw

High Sierra can only be downloaded via the App Store.

What do you see when you connect to the High Sierra page, do you see Download or Get,

or do you see Open. If you see Open then the App Store has detected that there is a copy

or partial copy of High Sierra on your Mac. Look in your Applications folder for Install macOS High Sierra.app

if it is a complete download it should be just over 5GBs. If it is a partial download then put it in the Trash and

empty the trash. Try again.

If you can connect your Mac to your router using a cabled connection rather than WiFi.

MacOS high sierra download error message in installer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.