Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With this last OS update, I no longer have the option to Delete All in my Trash folder. Is there a work around?

With this last OS update, I no longer have the option to Delete All in my Trash folder. Is there a work around?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 4:21 AM

The signature in your question suggests that you have a very old device (iPad2) with an equally old version of iOS (9). If this is the case, you won’t be using the most recent version of iOS, but instead something much older.

The most recent version of iOS is actually iPadOS 13.3. Is this the version to which your question relates - on a more recent iPad - or something else?

If you are in fact using iPadOS13.x, then bulk deletion should be a available to you. From Mail, in the left hand message pane, select your Trash (or in some regions - Bin) folder. At top right of this pane, tap Edit - then Select All - and finally Delete at bottom right.

I hope this helps to resolve your question.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 4:21 AM in response to lindafromwaukesha

The signature in your question suggests that you have a very old device (iPad2) with an equally old version of iOS (9). If this is the case, you won’t be using the most recent version of iOS, but instead something much older.

The most recent version of iOS is actually iPadOS 13.3. Is this the version to which your question relates - on a more recent iPad - or something else?

If you are in fact using iPadOS13.x, then bulk deletion should be a available to you. From Mail, in the left hand message pane, select your Trash (or in some regions - Bin) folder. At top right of this pane, tap Edit - then Select All - and finally Delete at bottom right.

I hope this helps to resolve your question.

Dec 12, 2019 5:02 AM in response to lindafromwaukesha

You would be well advised to update to iPadOS 13.3 - as this incorporates a significant number of functionality fixes and security updates. Once you have updated, then you will definitely see the following...

To bulk delete your trash from Mail - in the left hand message pane, select your Trash (or in some regions - Bin) folder. At top right of this pane, tap Edit - then Select All - and finally Delete at bottom right.

This should have resolved your query. Please let us know if you have any further difficulty in this regard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.