Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up phone to delete photos after syncing them to iCloud or iTunes

How do I set up my iPhone X to delete photos from my phone after syncing it with iCloud or iTunes? It used to give me an option. The iPhone User guide is not a typical Apple user friendly guide anymore. Dislike its lack of user interface ease. Yuck.

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 8:10 AM

iCloud is not a backup service so if you send it to iCloud and then delete the picture from your phone then it deletes from iCloud as well. I'm not sure on a PC but when I connect my device to my Mac and import pictures then I'm given an option to delete pictures that have been imported.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 8:10 AM in response to Cerwelt77

iCloud is not a backup service so if you send it to iCloud and then delete the picture from your phone then it deletes from iCloud as well. I'm not sure on a PC but when I connect my device to my Mac and import pictures then I'm given an option to delete pictures that have been imported.

Setting up phone to delete photos after syncing them to iCloud or iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.