Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone calendar request show wrong time zone

I am in the UK and when I send a meeting request from my iPhone X to my wife’s iPhone XR the text in the email says the time is in Eastern European Time, when she replies to me it the reply comes to me in GMT and puts it in her calendar as the correct GMT time.

If I send the same request to my daughters iPhone XR the meeting request is in the correct format.

I have tried all her settings and read loads of posts but I can not work out why it’s doing this, any ideas????

we both use the calander app that came with our phones

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 1:55 PM

SJBNun,

Thanks for reaching back out. It may be related to your Gmail calendar. It would still be good to check the date and time on each device and then check the time zone associated with your Gmail calendar. This article shows how this can be done:

How to fix time wrong in Google Calendar

Best regards.

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 16, 2019 1:06 PM in response to SJBNun

Hello SJBNun,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you’re having issues with calendar requests coming in for the wrong time zone; I'd like to help.

Let's first make sure you have the correct date and time set on each device:

Get help with the date and time on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The following support article provides some additional steps to help:

Keep your Calendar up to date with iCloud - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

iPhone calendar request show wrong time zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.