Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moved iTunes Library on PC to New Folder and now Download Icon Displays for All Songs

I moved my iTunes library to a different folder on my pc. Then, I opened iTunes > Preferences > Advanced and I changed the iTunes Media folder location to the new folder. I closed iTunes, rebooted, etc. Now, when I open iTunes, it lists my music correctly, but the Download from the Cloud icon is displayed for every song.

When I click on a song, it plays fine, but I'm not sure if it's really playing it from my pc or the cloud. I clicked to download a song, checked my iTunes library on my pc, and it did not create a duplicate so that is good. I have about 800 songs so it's not feasible to click download on all of them to make the download icon go away.

Anyone know how best to get rid of all the download icons?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 2:28 PM

I found the issue. Even though I had updated the iTunes Media folder location, iTunes kept changing this back to the original location and it was not seeing my library, hence causing the Download icon.

Similar questions

1 reply

Moved iTunes Library on PC to New Folder and now Download Icon Displays for All Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.