Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i restore deleted imessages

how do I restore deleted text messages from my iphone

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 12:35 PM

If using messages in iCloud (Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support) you don’t. Deletions are permanent.

If not using messages in iCloud, restore your iCloud or iTunes backup. That will restore everything currently on the device with the content and state of the device from that last backup. If the device has been backed up since you deleted those texts though, they also will no longer be in your backup file.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 12:35 PM in response to nic149

If using messages in iCloud (Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support) you don’t. Deletions are permanent.

If not using messages in iCloud, restore your iCloud or iTunes backup. That will restore everything currently on the device with the content and state of the device from that last backup. If the device has been backed up since you deleted those texts though, they also will no longer be in your backup file.

how do i restore deleted imessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.