Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant restore my phone through itunes and forgot the passcode. How do I restore it?

I cant restore my phone through itunes and forgot the passcode. How do I restore it?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 1:16 PM

Follow the instructions in this Apple support article—>If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support. Follow them very carefully, to the letter, or it won’t work.

4 replies

Dec 12, 2019 1:23 PM in response to charvis206

Then verify that you have the most recent version of iTunes (or at least version 12.8.2) on your computer, and even if you do reinstall it from https://Apple.com/itunes (unless your computer is a Mac running Mac OS Mojave, which has iTunes integrated into the OS). And if you have Catalina it will appear in Finder rather than iTunes.

If none of this helps see—>If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.