Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos : combine short videos

How can I combine lots of short videos into one long video ?

All the short ones are in Photos App

Please see print screen of some videos.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 4:55 PM

Hi rony-z,

I can see you want to combine short videos into a long video. I'm happy to assist you with this.

The best way to combine videos is by using the iMovie application that comes with your computer. If your videos are already in Photos or iPhoto, they can be easily accessed in iMovie and combined into a single video. More information about using iMovie can be found here iMovie Help

Take care.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 4:55 PM in response to rony-z

Hi rony-z,

I can see you want to combine short videos into a long video. I'm happy to assist you with this.

The best way to combine videos is by using the iMovie application that comes with your computer. If your videos are already in Photos or iPhoto, they can be easily accessed in iMovie and combined into a single video. More information about using iMovie can be found here iMovie Help

Take care.

Dec 17, 2019 10:55 AM in response to rony-z

I came across the following workflow for Quicktime Player 10 recently.

Add an entire movie

1 - In the QuickTime Player app on your Mac, open the movie you want to add to, then choose View > Show Clips.

2 - Do one of the following:

a - Insert the clip at the end of the movie: Without selecting any clips, choose Edit > Add Clip to End.

b - Insert the clip at the beginning of the movie: Without selecting any clips, press Option, then choose Edit > Add Clip to Beginning.

c - Insert the clip elsewhere in the movie: Select a clip, then choose Edit > Insert Clip After Selection.

3 - Find and select the movie you want to add to your movie, then click “Choose media.”

Add a new clip

1 - In the QuickTime Player app on your Mac, open the movie that contains the clip you want to add.

2 - Choose View > Show Clips.

3 - Select the clip, then choose Edit > Copy.

4 - The selected clip is outlined in yellow.

5 - Open the movie that you want to add the clip to, then choose View > Show Clips.

6 - Choose Edit > Paste.

7 - The clip appears at the beginning of the movie. Drag the clip to rearrange it

I've not had time to try it out so can't comment on it's effectiveness.

Photos : combine short videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.