Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I arrange photos chronologically in a shared album in photos

How do I put all photos in a shared album in chronological order?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 7:04 AM

It is not possible to sort a shared album. A shared album is sorted by the date and time you add a photo. It is just a stream of photos, not really an album.

If you want the photos to appear in a specific order you have to share them one-by-one, exactly in the order you want them to appear. if you share several photos at once, the sort order of the selection may not be preserved. Even when you share the photo this way, the sequence of the photos on the public website may change later, when someone adds a comment to the photo.

So, if you want to add a title to the shared photo by adding a comment, add the comment directly when you share this photo, not later.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2019 7:04 AM in response to DG27

It is not possible to sort a shared album. A shared album is sorted by the date and time you add a photo. It is just a stream of photos, not really an album.

If you want the photos to appear in a specific order you have to share them one-by-one, exactly in the order you want them to appear. if you share several photos at once, the sort order of the selection may not be preserved. Even when you share the photo this way, the sequence of the photos on the public website may change later, when someone adds a comment to the photo.

So, if you want to add a title to the shared photo by adding a comment, add the comment directly when you share this photo, not later.

how do I arrange photos chronologically in a shared album in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.