Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad setup on Consumer Cellular

Does anyone know if this is possible? I have an iPad mini

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 9:02 AM

If your iPad is a cellular model and Consumer Cellular supports iPads, they should be able to give you a sim card you can use in your iPad.

Contact Consumer Cellular for specifics on whether they support it or not, and their pricing and plans.

4 replies

Dec 13, 2019 2:13 PM in response to Sbking3

iPads come in 2 varieties. Wifi only, and Wifi+cellular. Wifi only iPads can only access the internet when connected to a wifi network.

Wifi+cellular (GSM) iPads refered to as "cellular models" can get internet access through a cellular service provider like AT&T when away from Wifi.

If you are using AT&T with it and have internet access when away from Wifi, then you have a cellular model.

That being the case, as said, you can ask Consumer Cellular for a sim card you can insert into your iPad to have internet access through them when away from Wifi.

See here: Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

Dec 13, 2019 9:12 AM in response to Phil0124

I am not sure what you mean by "cellular model."

I have the iPad on my ATT account now. This gives me a data package. I use this when I am not connected to a wi-fi network, such as when I am traveling. I want to be able to do this on Consumer Cellular when I shut off my ATT account.

I actually have a number that is assigned to this iPad. I don't use it for calls, but that is the way that ATT does it.

iPad setup on Consumer Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.