Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I download the images off iCloud to my mac

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 1:23 PM

Where are the images? In Photos or iCloud Drive? For Photos, if you are using OS 10.10.3 or above, open Photos, then go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and check Photos syncing.

You can also do a manual download at iCloud.com/Photos. Hold down the command key while selecting the photos. Then click Download. Another option is to select a Moment, then click the Share button, and then cancelling the Share. The photos should remain selected.

For iCloud Drive, go to the Finder Sidebar/Favorites, select the image in iCloud Drive, and drag it to the desired location. If iCloud Drive isn't visible in the Finder Sidebar, go to finder/Preferences/Sidebar/Favorites and check iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2019 1:23 PM in response to DennisIod

Where are the images? In Photos or iCloud Drive? For Photos, if you are using OS 10.10.3 or above, open Photos, then go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and check Photos syncing.

You can also do a manual download at iCloud.com/Photos. Hold down the command key while selecting the photos. Then click Download. Another option is to select a Moment, then click the Share button, and then cancelling the Share. The photos should remain selected.

For iCloud Drive, go to the Finder Sidebar/Favorites, select the image in iCloud Drive, and drag it to the desired location. If iCloud Drive isn't visible in the Finder Sidebar, go to finder/Preferences/Sidebar/Favorites and check iCloud Drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.