Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet recovery reinstall not working

I am trying to reinstall the OS after erasing the drive in preparation to submit my MacBook Pro (late 2013) for trade-in. Command-R puts me into internet recovery mode. I get as far as the screen "Select the disk where you want to install the OS X," but no options appear. I have retried several times.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 11:54 AM

Per Apple:

If you can't start up from macOS Recovery

If your Mac can't start up from the built-in recovery system, it might automatically try to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet. When that happens, you see a spinning globe instead of an Apple logo during startup.

To manually start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet, press and hold Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R at startup. Learn more about these key combinations.

If your Mac still can't start up from macOS Recovery, you might need to start up from another disk or volume, or use a bootable installer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2019 11:54 AM in response to PatriciaE26

Per Apple:

If you can't start up from macOS Recovery

If your Mac can't start up from the built-in recovery system, it might automatically try to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet. When that happens, you see a spinning globe instead of an Apple logo during startup.

To manually start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet, press and hold Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R at startup. Learn more about these key combinations.

If your Mac still can't start up from macOS Recovery, you might need to start up from another disk or volume, or use a bootable installer.

Internet recovery reinstall not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.