Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full update error

Hi

So I have been trying to update my MacBook to the macOS Catalina a couple of times where it failed, but apparently took up space on the storage drive. Last time I tried it finished downloading but then it stuck. Now every time I try to update it says it requires 11.9 GB of diskspace, which I don't have due to the unfinished downloads. What should I do?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 12:00 PM

11 replies

Dec 13, 2019 9:21 PM in response to Tesserax

There is no option to “Move to Trash” when I right-click. Alternatively, if I move the file to the Trash icon, nothing will happen and the files will still be in their same place.

I have already uninstalled some apps and currently I’m updating to Catalina, but the corrupted updates may still be there when I’m finished. Is there any way to remove these then?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 13, 2019 9:39 PM in response to blaze_shroud

Your other option would be to perform a "clean" install of macOS Catalina using Recovery Mode to first erase your Mac's system drive, and then, installing the OS. Alternatively, you can create a bootable OS installer on a USB, erase the drive, and then, boot up your Mac with this installer to install Catalina. You would then restore any apps & data from a Time Machine backup which will behoove you to run a current one before attempting to do the clean install.

Storage full update error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.