Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch update problem

Last night before updating, I deleted my profile of my former malfunctioned Apple Watch 3 cellular. Then I began downloading 6.1.1 to my current 3 cellular. It says, “Are you sure you want to switch?” It seems to think I have my old watch. There is no backing out of the dialogue. I am trying to re-download 6.1.1. If this doesn’t work, I will have to restore a back-up, which will likely take all night.

Am I doing this right?

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 4:37 PM

Before you started with the new watch you should have removed the old one from your icloud account,it looks like it's asking you to switch because both watches are paired to your phone,you can pair more than 1 watch to your phone but as your old watch is broken anyway it's a good idea to remove it to save problems later on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2019 4:37 PM in response to theolson

Before you started with the new watch you should have removed the old one from your icloud account,it looks like it's asking you to switch because both watches are paired to your phone,you can pair more than 1 watch to your phone but as your old watch is broken anyway it's a good idea to remove it to save problems later on.

Watch update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.