Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari use on mac interrupts Amazon Prime streaming on iPhone/ipad

When I use safari on my iMac or macbook pro and am streaming Amazon Prime on my iPhone or iPad the streaming stops. Eventually, with continual use, the interruptions stop. Any ideas?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 6:03 PM

It's the handoff feature in your settings. I had this problem too, every time I was watching prime video on my iPhone while on my computer, when I opened a new tab on safari it would exit my show. I turned off the handoff setting on my phone and it stopped doing that. BUT I really like the handoff feature for other apps and want to keep it on so its annoying to have to continually turn it on and off. its really irritating. I want to keep handoff on without it exiting prime video on my phone every time I open a new tab on safari.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 6:03 PM in response to Rangellalo

It's the handoff feature in your settings. I had this problem too, every time I was watching prime video on my iPhone while on my computer, when I opened a new tab on safari it would exit my show. I turned off the handoff setting on my phone and it stopped doing that. BUT I really like the handoff feature for other apps and want to keep it on so its annoying to have to continually turn it on and off. its really irritating. I want to keep handoff on without it exiting prime video on my phone every time I open a new tab on safari.

Safari use on mac interrupts Amazon Prime streaming on iPhone/ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.