Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant play any videos after intsalling Catalina - fx youtube or

After installing Catalina I am not able to play any videos. That is fx youtube, Netflix or videos on chrome (news). Anyone knows why?

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 1:21 PM

Hello Peter_M_A,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to stream videos in the Chrome app on your Mac after updating. You can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue in Chrome and Safari.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 1:21 PM in response to Peter_M_A

Hello Peter_M_A,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to stream videos in the Chrome app on your Mac after updating. You can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue in Chrome and Safari.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Dec 18, 2019 6:24 AM in response to raina_b22

Hello Becky_s22

Thanks for your reply. I have meanwhile found out, that my soundcard seems to be the reason for the conflict. I bought this soundcard on October,  a Steinberg UR22C (a small home music studio including a USB 3 soundcard, a microphone and a headset). It worked without problems with Mojave, and due to several warnings from Steinberg I waited upgrading to Catalina reading this: 

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360010273659-macOS-Catalina-product-compatibility?_sp=5bd7cdf8-20a3-4297-8978-91345f19213e.1576675922240

As far as I could see the problems concerning compatibility seemed to be fixed, so I therefore I upgraded to Catalina. But now the soundcard blocks any video (as mentioned above) when I switch it on.

I have now checked to solve/identify the problem I on my Mac using:

• testing using another account
  • testing using recovery mode
  • testing hardware (starting when pressing d)

The problem still occours, - so, do you thing it is a software or a hardware problem?

Kindly - Cheers!

Dec 18, 2019 9:12 AM in response to Peter_M_A

Thanks for replying, Peter_M_A, and that additional info, it really helps! With the isolation steps you have performed, it sounds like this is could be hardware issue with the Steinburg UR22C, so please make sure you have installed the current USB driver update from Steinburg and test your situation again, and if you still have the same issues, please shut down your Mac, unplug the Steinburg UR22C, then start up your Mac with the Steinburg UR22C not plugged into your Mac, and test your situation again.

Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cant play any videos after intsalling Catalina - fx youtube or

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.