Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pairing apple watch - 6 digit code not shown

My watch won't pair via standard method, so pairing manually however, the 6 digit code is not showing even after following these steps.

What's the troubleshooting step if the code is never shown?

• Wear Apple Watch on your wrist and choose a language.
  • Separately on each device, tap on Start Pairing (on your iPhone, do this within the Watch app).
  • Tap Pair Apple Watch Manually on your iPhone.
  • Tap the info icon "i" on your Apple Watch (it will be shown now). Your device's name should be displayed on the watch face.
  • On your iPhone, tap the device name matching that shown on your Apple Watch face.
  • A six-digit code will be displayed on your Apple Watch. Enter that code on your iPhone to pair the two devices.

The above step never happens

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 12:14 PM

I was hopeful after seeing the restart phone step however it did not work. My watch will not show the six digit code.

4 replies

Dec 14, 2019 12:43 PM in response to lli05

Try this;

iPhone: settings>tap profile name on top>password & security> Get Verification code write this number down.This code is then entered on the watch after it asks for a code.

Dec 15, 2019 5:33 PM in response to Community User

Also thought this would do it but Apple Watch app accepts the code and just spins until the Apple Watch app eventually responds and says it's unpairing the watch. By unpairing, I mean, the initial manual pairing steps that have already been taken when the Apple Watch ID is visibile in the AW app.

Anyone else got any ideas?

pairing apple watch - 6 digit code not shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.