Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allocating space from bootcamp to apple drive

So I only have about 40GB of space total in my Apple hard drive and the rest is in the Bootcamp drive.

Am I able to transfer some of the free space from my bootcamp drive into my apple drive without losing information from my bootcamp drive?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 10:55 PM

kevfish315 wrote:

Am I able to transfer some of the free space from my bootcamp drive into my apple drive without losing information from my bootcamp drive?

No. You should not manipulate partitions, once Window is installed. There are third-party products which may let you shrink BC and expand macOS, but you want good backups and willingness to loss data, if anything goes wrong.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2019 10:55 PM in response to kevfish315

kevfish315 wrote:

No. You should not manipulate partitions, once Window is installed. There are third-party products which may let you shrink BC and expand macOS, but you want good backups and willingness to loss data, if anything goes wrong.

Allocating space from bootcamp to apple drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.