Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recents in Finder mac 10.15

What is the function of Recents in Finder? Many of the documents, files, and folders are not recent meaning near the current time.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 10:01 PM

It is a quick way to get to the most recently opened documents & apps.

Please use Get to know the Finder on your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Dec 15, 2019 12:41 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you rkaufmann87 for your informative reply. A little background on me: I never have claimed to be knowledgeable about Apple devices and software. My memory, mental faculties, hearing, and eye sight are diminishing. I ask for your patience.

I have read the article you referenced before and now. I did not see anything specific about Recents. Please enlighten me if I missed something.

The current Recents I arranged by Date Modified in the Finder and it shows 480 documents dating from 12/10/08 to today's date of 12/15/19.

I do see the documents in Recents from today. If I deleted older documents in Recents would that narrow it down to a time period I would be comfortable with, say, 6 months? I like to confer before I delete anything.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Recents in Finder mac 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.