Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i reset my iMac login password from my iPad?

Is this possible..i have people using my iMac and i want too kick them off...but I’m trying too do this from my ipad

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 1:31 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2019 12:50 PM in response to mchildthebeast

Yes--dialabrain is quite right. You can't. If you were talking about Apple ID, then yes, but in this case, it's no....

What you could do is restart, holding down the Command(Apple) and R keys together, to start up from the Recovery Partiton, from there, once you have chosen a language, move the mouse to the top center of the screen until you see OS X Tools. From there, pick Terminal and get it running. From that, type in "resetpassword" without the quotes, then press the return key on your keyboard, which should allow you to reset the main (administrator) login name and password. Save the changes and reboot. From there you can login as you like, and under System Preferences>> Users and groups, you can set up guest/user accounts with access to whatever you want them to be able to access, and I think you can set a password for each user/guest account.

hope this helps a bit

jb

Can i reset my iMac login password from my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.