Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stolen macbook and ipad

I would like to know if i can track a stolen macbook and ipad using the information in box of the ipad? I have not created an icloud ID then and using only gmail. Can anyone assist?

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 9:47 AM

If you didn't have Find My Mac enabled

1. Change your Apple ID password to prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your Mac.
  2. Change your passwords for other accounts you use with your Mac, including email, banking, and social sites like Facebook or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen Mac to local law enforcement. They might request the serial number of your computer. You can find this information on the original box or receipt you received when you purchased your Mac.
  4. If you insured your devices against loss or theft, contact your insurance company and report the loss or theft of these devices.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2019 9:47 AM in response to Monet1217

If you didn't have Find My Mac enabled

1. Change your Apple ID password to prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your Mac.
  2. Change your passwords for other accounts you use with your Mac, including email, banking, and social sites like Facebook or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen Mac to local law enforcement. They might request the serial number of your computer. You can find this information on the original box or receipt you received when you purchased your Mac.
  4. If you insured your devices against loss or theft, contact your insurance company and report the loss or theft of these devices.

stolen macbook and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.