Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message dictation on new Watch

I have a new Watch Series 5. I can no longer dictate a text message - the microphone icon is not on. I can dictate a text message on my old watch, but my new one has this feature turned off. Help!

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 9:31 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, mikensully!

I understand you're not able to use dictation on your new Apple Watch Series 5. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Make sure dictation is enabled by going to Settings on your Apple Watch > General > Dictation.

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 9:31 AM in response to mikensully

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, mikensully!

I understand you're not able to use dictation on your new Apple Watch Series 5. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Make sure dictation is enabled by going to Settings on your Apple Watch > General > Dictation.

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Text message dictation on new Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.