Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to restore iphone 6s using catalina

I'm trying to restore an iPhone 6s that I haven't used in quite a while (hoping to gift it to my son). When I try to access the device, I get an error message, "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes" (probably due to repeated unsuccessful attempts). So I went through all the steps listed on the apple care website re: restoring and/or updating the device. The problem is that - now that I have Catalina installed - I no longer have iTunes. And when I get to the very end of the steps, the computer asks, "Trust Eric's iPhone" (bold text); "To sync this computer with your iPhone, click Trust, then tap Trust on the device." Below this text there's the blue "Trust" button. However, I am unable to "tap Trust on the device" because the device is disabled.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 9:17 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 18, 2019 10:37 AM in response to eric_bratt

Greetings eric_bratt,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you are trying to restore the disabled iPhone, but since it is disabled you are not able to trust the computer. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

unable to restore iphone 6s using catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.