Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

movies not working with sidecar

I found that if I am watching TV on my mac that videos won't display the picture, though audio still plays, on either the Mac or the iPad connected to the Mac using sidecar in Catalina.

As soon as I turn off sidecar, it works fine.

Does anyone know about this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 1:55 PM

Hello Alex,

thanks for the reply.

This is a copy protection bug. Sidecar works fine. From what I can tell on the threads nobody can watch Apple TV or any protected content through Safari.

It works fine if you use Google Chrome.

Does that make sense? None of the articles you posted refer to protected movie or video content.

thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 1:55 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hello Alex,

thanks for the reply.

This is a copy protection bug. Sidecar works fine. From what I can tell on the threads nobody can watch Apple TV or any protected content through Safari.

It works fine if you use Google Chrome.

Does that make sense? None of the articles you posted refer to protected movie or video content.

thanks!

Dec 18, 2019 12:50 PM in response to brycesteiner

Hello brycesteiner,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having issues with playing videos when connecting your iPad to your MacBook Pro using Sidecar. Let's start with the basic set up article for Sidecar and make sure it is set up correctly and you have checked the basic things to troubleshoot:

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

After that, you can use the following support articles to troubleshoot the mirroring and resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless interference issues:

If you can't use AirPlay or mirror your device's screen

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Best regards.

movies not working with sidecar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.