Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No video when playing movies or TV shows downloaded from iTunes on new 2019 iMac

Brand new iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

macOS up to date: Catalina v10.15.2

When I try to play Movies and TV shows that were purchased from iTunes on the iMac via the Apple TV app, I hear the audio but only see a black window--there is no video.

If I try to play them with QuickTime Player, I get the following message:

This Movie cannot be played because it is on a display that is not authorized to play protected movies.

Try moving this window to a different display or disconnecting any displays that are not HDCP authorized.

I do not have any additional displays attached to this machine. I have tried logging out of and back into my Apple account, I have re-downloaded the content, double-checked to ensure the computer is authorized and I have unplugged my OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock.

Does this mean the iMac is not HDCP compliant?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 4:02 AM

Help article:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207060

You can also call Apple for assistance with your new Mac.

call (800) MY-APPLE(800-692-7753), Monday–Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Pacific Time; Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; closed on Sunday.

Similar questions

1 reply

No video when playing movies or TV shows downloaded from iTunes on new 2019 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.