Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I entered some information in response to phishing email but did not finish it, what should I do?

I received an email asking for verification of my account and did not recognized right away that it was a scam. After entering some information, I figured that it was a phishing email and stopped. I reset my password and cleared history, but now I’m worried that the scammers still got my personal information that I entered. What should I do now?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 8:16 PM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2019 9:09 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your advice. I entered only name, address, DOB and Social Security number, but I never finished the form and closed the page. I stopped when they asked for credit card information. I reset Apple ID password right away. Did they technically obtained the information I already entered, or I should not worry?

If I entered some information in response to phishing email but did not finish it, what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.