Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the find my phone app had my child at a house 4 blocks away from where she said she was. Can the app be that inaccurate?

The find my phone app had my child at a house 4 blocks away from where she said she was. Can the app be that inaccurate?

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 5:16 PM

When you view a location in Find My it will show a circle with the most likely location at the center. But it can be anywhere within that circle. There is one possible but unlikely way that the location can be off. It uses Wi-Fi to fine tune the GPS location, and also when the phone is indoors. If the Wi-Fi router was recently (within a few months) moved to a different location 4 blocks away then that might result in the condition you are seeing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 5:16 PM in response to wildcat153

When you view a location in Find My it will show a circle with the most likely location at the center. But it can be anywhere within that circle. There is one possible but unlikely way that the location can be off. It uses Wi-Fi to fine tune the GPS location, and also when the phone is indoors. If the Wi-Fi router was recently (within a few months) moved to a different location 4 blocks away then that might result in the condition you are seeing.

the find my phone app had my child at a house 4 blocks away from where she said she was. Can the app be that inaccurate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.