Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search Pulse Malware

I have tried everything to remove Search Pulse from my MacBook.

On my Safari, no extensions show up at all. I tried to change my homepage, but it's showing up as what I set it to and won't let me make any changes to it.

I have installed "Malware Bytes" and removed 6 files from my MacBook containing the malware and now scans clean... however when I open a new Safari tab it is still redirecting me to the Search Pulse landing.

I have read the other forums on this and it looks like I have pretty much exhausted my options, are there any more?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 12:56 AM

travispang Said:

[...]I have installed "Malware Bytes" and removed 6 files from my MacBook containing the malware and now scans clean... however when I open a new Safari tab it is still redirecting me to the Search Pulse landing.[...]

———-

Four thoughts:

Restart your Mac.

With things having been removed, restart your Mac. See if the problem persists.

Try a New Web Browser

Use another Web browser (i.e. Mozilla Firefox, which you can get right in the AppStore); see if the same issue occurs. If not, its the Web browser (Safari) itself.

Then, Change the Home Page of Safari:

Change your Home Page in Safari(performed in Safari Preferences). Go Here: Change your homepage in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Officially Remove MalwareBytes for Mac:

Wherever you got MalwareBytes for Mac, remove it, and then restart the Mac. Then log back in. Download MalwareBytes for Mac using the link below. Scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac, using the link below. Then restart the Mac.

Official Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 12:56 AM in response to travispang

travispang Said:

[...]I have installed "Malware Bytes" and removed 6 files from my MacBook containing the malware and now scans clean... however when I open a new Safari tab it is still redirecting me to the Search Pulse landing.[...]

———-

Four thoughts:

Restart your Mac.

With things having been removed, restart your Mac. See if the problem persists.

Try a New Web Browser

Use another Web browser (i.e. Mozilla Firefox, which you can get right in the AppStore); see if the same issue occurs. If not, its the Web browser (Safari) itself.

Then, Change the Home Page of Safari:

Change your Home Page in Safari(performed in Safari Preferences). Go Here: Change your homepage in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Officially Remove MalwareBytes for Mac:

Wherever you got MalwareBytes for Mac, remove it, and then restart the Mac. Then log back in. Download MalwareBytes for Mac using the link below. Scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac, using the link below. Then restart the Mac.

Official Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Search Pulse Malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.