Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Downloading Originals"

Deleted old library (originals on iMac). Installed Catalina fresh 10.15.2. Turned on iCloud library to download all originals to my mac.

7 days thus far. Not bad given size of library. Face analysis complete. However, I still see that a relatively small number of files are showing up as needing to be downloaded. It's been on this number for three days now.

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 4:39 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 18, 2019 7:52 PM in response to E lop

Hey there E lop,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand there are some photos that haven’t finished downloading from iCloud. I’ll be happy to help.

Restart your Mac and see if this has any impact on the issue:

How to turn your Mac on or off

If that doesn’t help, boot into safe mode and see if the issue is resolved there:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Also, make sure you’re not connected to a VPN or are on a captive network as this could cause issues. 

I hope this helps.

Dec 19, 2019 9:39 AM in response to E lop

Hi E lop,

Thanks for going through those steps. If they didn’t help, try repairing your Photo library using the steps here:

How to use the Photos library repair tool

There may also be some helpful steps in these links:

Get help with iCloud Photos

Get help with the Photos app on your Mac

If that doesn’t help, use the following link to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this with you:

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers.

"Downloading Originals"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.