Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get free one year subscription on Apple TV+ if I am already paying subscriber but just purchase new iPhone?

I just purchase new iPhone 11 Pro and want to use free one year subscription on Apple TV+ but I am also current subscriber on Apple TV+ since day one.

When go to TV app on my phone there is no "offer which immediately pop"! I also cancel my monthly subscription (and now is valid until 01.09.2020) and still nothing happened. No code or option for free subscription.

Any advice?

Apple TV 4, tvOS 13

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 1:51 AM

Actually that what you said is not true. Since I cancel my subscription on Apple TV+ (not sure is this important) but after a couple of days later I got notification in my TV app that I am qualified for a “free year”.

So, now everything is working, my free subscription is valid until January 2021 and it doesn’t matter that I subscribe from day one and use 7 days free trial on the very beginning.

The fact that I purchase new phone make me eligible for a free year. ProbablyApple need some days that system recognize and pair that my account has new hardware and that I have Apple TV+ subscription after it automatically send notifications.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 1:51 AM in response to vazandrew

Actually that what you said is not true. Since I cancel my subscription on Apple TV+ (not sure is this important) but after a couple of days later I got notification in my TV app that I am qualified for a “free year”.

So, now everything is working, my free subscription is valid until January 2021 and it doesn’t matter that I subscribe from day one and use 7 days free trial on the very beginning.

The fact that I purchase new phone make me eligible for a free year. ProbablyApple need some days that system recognize and pair that my account has new hardware and that I have Apple TV+ subscription after it automatically send notifications.

Dec 31, 2019 6:59 AM in response to Somebody please help

Yes it is true, as the terms state that the offer cannot be combined with any other offer or free trial. One who previously subscribed and claimed a standard trial would no longer qualify. Apple has also turned away many users who have had similar situations, while few have been granted exceptions and/or got lucky and still got the free year. You merely fell into that latter group, however the above statement still remains true.

How to get free one year subscription on Apple TV+ if I am already paying subscriber but just purchase new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.