Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop iPhone 10 XR from automatically checking email

I have a 10 XR iPhone with iOS 13.3 installed. My phone will automatically check my email in the early morning hours despite "Fetch New Data" set to OFF and the mail setting set to MANUAL. I should add that Push is turned off and Fetch is set to MANUALLY.

Any ideas how to disable this? Thanks in advance!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 5:17 AM

2 replies

Dec 20, 2019 6:58 AM in response to sebekemsaf

I have this same issue - It isn't the phone (I have an 11Pro) it's the OS. Odd thing is, other people are posting with the opposite problem. It almost seems as if whatever you had it set to when you did your update to 13.3, it is doing the opposite of what it should.

I did see another thread that indicated it seems to happen after midnight - this seems to be the case with mine. No badges indicating e-mail before bed, then every morning it seems to have checked overnight, and I have a badge indicating 30 or more messages, then it works properly during the day.

Anyone else seeing this?

How to stop iPhone 10 XR from automatically checking email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.